Serves 3 – 6
- 1 to 2 pounds wild Alaskan salmon fillets
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4c freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1. Rinse salmon under cool running water and place skin side up in a shallow baking dish. In a seperate dish, whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade. Pour marinade over salmon, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour off marinade and flip salmon so the skin is down. Bake, uncovered, for 10 min per inch of salmon thickness. It is best to take salmon out just before it is cooked through because it will continue to cook after you take it out of the oven.
** This recipe has been used with the gracious permission of: The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook. This is a great handbook for low-allergen, easy to prepare meals, and can be purchased at the Edmonton Clinic of Naturopathic Medicine.