Pancakes are everyone’s favourite breakfast and, thanks to this amazing wheat-free, dairy-free recipe, every member of your family can enjoy this tasty treat! Blueberries just make a good thing even better!
Makes 5-7 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups thick rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups rice, almond, or hemp milk
- 2 tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small banana lightly mashed
- 1/2 cup blueberries -fresh or frozen
- Virgin coconut oil for cooking
- Grind oats to a fine powder in an electric grinder or coffee grinder. Place ground oats, baking powder and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, combine rice milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and mashed banana and stir together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together. Gently fold in blueberries. Add more rice milk if the batter seems too thick.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add a little coconut oil to the pan. Drop pancakes into pan, about a half-cup-full at a time. Cook for about 2 minutes per side. Add more coconut oil to the pan between pancakes.
** This recipe has been used with the gracious permission of: The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook. This is a great handbook for low-allergen, easy to prepare meals, and can be purchased at the Edmonton Clinic of Naturopathic Medicine.