Makes about 5 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmed
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or 1/4 cup apple juice + 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- chopped dried apple
- dried cranberries
- dried cherries
- shredded coconut
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place the rolled oats, chopped nuts, and spices into a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
- 2. Add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla to the oat mixture. Toss together using two spoons. Add shredded coconut and any seeds if desired, toss again.
- 3. Spread mixture onto a large cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, turning occasionally with a spatula.
- 4. Remove from oven and stir in any dried fruit if desired. Let cool completely before transferring to a large glass jar.
** This recipe has been used with the gracious permission of: The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook. This is a great handbook for low-allergen, easy to prepare meals, and can be purchased at the Edmonton Clinic of Naturopathic Medicine.